Board of Directors
Learn About Our Governing Board
The Georgia Cyber Academy is governed by a Board of Directors composed of seven community leaders, some of whom are GCA parents. Public notice of GCA board meetings can be found here and in the front office of the school.
Next Georgia Cyber Academy Board of Directors Meeting
Please join us for monthly GCA Board meetings. Meeting agendas are available on the: Board of Directors page at gacyber.org
DATE: See schedule
TIME: 6:15 pm
Robbins Law Offices:
999 Peachtree Street NE Suite 1120
Atlanta, GA 30309
Conference Call: 1.888.824.5783 Passcode: 92628260#
Upcoming Board Meetings
Board Meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of every month at the virtual link above and/or listed location, unless otherwise noted above.
Board Committee Meetings are held monthly; scheduled times and agendas are posted in the GCA office prior to the scheduled meeting.
Previous Board Meetings
- July 26, 2017–Minutes [PDF]
- June 21, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- May 17, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- April 19, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- March 15, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- February 15, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- January 25, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- December 21, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- November 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- October 19, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- September 29, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- August 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- July 27, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- June 22, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- May 18, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- April 20, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- March 16, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- February 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- January 20, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- November 9, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- October 14, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- September 16, 2015—Minutes [DOC]
- August 28, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- July 15, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- June 17, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- May 20, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- April 15, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- March 18, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- February 18, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- January 21, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- December 17, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- November 19, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- October 15, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- September 17, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- August 20, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- July 29, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- June 24, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
The Board, currently consisting of seven interested members of the community from a variety of backgrounds (including public policy, law, finance, and education) and parents. The GCA Board is responsible for electing new Board members. The Board interviews prospective members and obtains their endorsement of the school's mission and educational model and elects each new member through a simple-majority vote.
The founding Chair of the GCA Governing Board is Ryan Mahoney, Southeast Regional Advocacy Director at the Foundation for Excellence in Education, and previously Vice President for the Georgia Chamber of Commerce.
Other members of the founding Board are:
Dr. Erica Fener Sitkoff is the Head of Georgia’s leading child policy and advocacy organization, Voices for Georgia’s Children. She draws upon her more than ten years of experience as a licensed psychologist, researcher and innovative school administrator to facilitate policy change that improves access to quality services for children and families.
Jemelleh Coes is 2014 Georgia Teacher of the Year. She has been a classroom teacher for five years in the general and special education setting. She holds a Bachelor's of Science in Education and a Master's of Education in Teaching and Learning from Georgia Southern University.
Angela Lassetter, current GCA Parent. She is a graduate of Emory University Business School and has extensive experience in corporate operations, human resources, and facility management. Her children have been educated in a variety of educational environments including traditional public school, traditional charter school, private school, home school, and virtual school, which allows her to bring a well-rounded educational perspective to the board. Ms. Lassetter has years of experience on several other charter and private school boards, one being a National Blue Ribbon of Excellence School. Additionally, she has served on several school advisory committees, school AdvancED accreditation teams, and an AdvancED STEM certification team.
Charlie Harper is the Executive Director of PolicyBEST, a public policy organization that advocates for issues in the fields of Business & Economic Development, Education, Science & Medicine, and Transportation. In addition he is Publisher of GeorgiaPol.com, and is a syndicated columnist writing about Georgia politics. He holds a BBA in Economics from the University of Georgia and a MA in Economics from Georgia State University.
Ben Brumfield is Institute Senior Science writer and media representative at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Prior to that, he was a prize-winning journalist at CNN for 14 years. Ben also worked for many years in Germany for German television networks including a longer stint as a TV science journalist and documentarian.
Jeff Gates, Associate General Counsel for Porsche North America with over 25 years of experience as an attorney and litigator”
Contacting Georgia Cyber School Board
If you have a specific complaint or grievance for the Board of Directors, please follow the GCA complaint procedure.
Contacting Georgia Cyber Academy Head of School
If you would like to contact the GCA Head of School, Dr. Andrew Oberg, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.334.4790 ext.107.
Georgia Cyber School Contract
Georgia Cyber School Board Approved Policies
- GCA Complaint Procedure [PDF]
- GCA Public Comment Policy [PDF]
- GCA Attendance Policy [PDF]
- GCA Class Engagement Policy [PDF]
- GCA Student to Instructional Teacher Ratio Policy [PDF]
- GCA Instructional Live Class Connect Size Policy [PDF]