Board of Directors
Learn About Our Governing Board
The Georgia Cyber Academy is governed by a Board of Directors composed of nine community leaders, some of whom are GCA parents. Public notice of GCA board meetings can be found here and in the front office of the school.
Next Georgia Cyber Academy Board of Directors Meeting
Please join us for monthly GCA Board meetings. Meeting agendas are available on the: Board of Directors page at gacyber.org
DATE: See schedule
TIME: 6:15 pm
Robbins Law Offices:
999 Peachtree Street NE Suite 1120
Atlanta, GA 30309
Conference Call: 1.888.824.5783 Passcode: 55777021#
Upcoming Board Meetings
Board Meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of every month at the virtual link above and/or listed location, unless otherwise noted above.
Board Committee Meetings are held monthly; scheduled times and agendas are posted in the GCA office prior to the scheduled meeting.
Previous Board Meetings
- April 19, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- March 15, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- February 15, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- January 25, 2017—Minutes [PDF]
- December 21, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- November 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- October 19, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- September 29, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- August 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- July 27, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- June 22, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- May 18, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- April 20, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- March 16, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- February 17, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- January 20, 2016—Minutes [PDF]
- November 9, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- October 14, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- September 16, 2015—Minutes [DOC]
- August 28, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- July 15, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- June 17, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- May 20, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- April 15, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- March 18, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- February 18, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- January 21, 2015—Minutes [PDF]
- December 17, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- November 19, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- October 15, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- September 17, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- August 20, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- July 29, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
- June 24, 2014—Minutes [PDF]
The Board, currently consisting of nine interested members of the community from a variety of backgrounds (including public policy, law, finance, and education) and parents. The GCA Board is responsible for electing new Board members. The Board interviews prospective members and obtains their endorsement of the school's mission and educational model and elects each new member through a simple-majority vote.
The founding Chair of the GCA Governing Board is Ryan Mahoney, Southeast Regional Advocacy Director at the Foundation for Excellence in Education, and previously Vice President for the Georgia Chamber of Commerce.
Other members of the founding Board are:
Christy Thomas, CPA (CFO), VP & Global Controller at The North Highland Company, with over 20 years of experience in accounting, financial planning and strategic partnering.
Jeff Gates, Associate General Counsel for Porsche North America with over 25 years of experience as an attorney and litigator
Angela Lassetter, current GCA Parent and Board Member of Odyssey/GCA Program, has years of experience on several other charter and private school Boards.
Dr. Erica Fener Sitkoff is the Policy & Outreach Director of Georgia's leading child policy and advocacy organization, Voices for Georgia's Children. She draws upon her more than ten years of experience as a licensed psychologist, researcher and innovative school administrator to facilitate policy change that improves access to quality services for children and families.
Jemelleh Coes is 2014 Georgia Teacher of the Year. She has been a classroom teacher for five years in the general and special education setting. She holds a Bachelor's of Science in Education and a Master's of Education in Teaching and Learning from Georgia Southern University.
Charlie Harper is the Executive Director of PolicyBEST, a public policy organization that advocates for issues in the fields of Business & Economic Development, Education, Science & Medicine, and Transportation. In addition he is Editor in Chief of the website PeachPundit.com, and is a syndicated columnist writing about Georgia politics. He holds a BBA in Economics from the University of Georgia and a MA in Economics from Georgia State University.
Ben Brumfield is Newsdesk Editor at CNN Digital / CNN.com. His work as a journalist spans more than 30 years and has been recognized with prestigious awards, including an Emmy and numerous Peabody's. Ben has spent much of his life in Germany and in his spare time has taught German classes to adults and teenagers. He has a master's degree in humanistic psychotherapy.
Contacting Georgia Cyber School Board
If you have a specific complaint or grievance for the Board of Directors, please follow the GCA complaint procedure. If your request is not related to a complaint or grievance, to contact the Board please email Keisha Simmons, School Board Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org.