Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) is currently governed by seven community leaders from a variety of backgrounds including public policy, law, finance, education, and parents. GCA's governing board members:
- Kenneth Tennyson Asher, Board Chair
- Ben Brumfield, Vice Chair
- Dr. Juliann Sergi McBrayer, Academic Oversight Committee Chair
- Eric Cochling, Governance Committee Chair
- Andrew Lewis
- Michael Kooi, Executive Director
The GCA Board is responsible for electing new Board members. The Board interviews prospective members, obtains their endorsement of the school's mission and educational model, and then elects each new member through a simple-majority vote.