***Please Note - Qualifications of the 6-8 ALP Program – Qualifications for the Advanced Learner Program are subject to change from year to year.
More information about the ALP program can be found in the Adavanced Learner Students Section.
MS Identification and Qualifications for Above Grade Level (AGL)
In addition to ALP team offerings, learners may also qualify for AGL. Above grade level invitations are sent out at the end of the year. Qualifications are based on teacher collaboration and Georgia Milestone scores. Qualifications are subject to change from year to year. Once learners receive an invitation to enter or continue in the Above Grade Level program, parents must sign a waiver (or survey) indicating they agree to the placement and understand the requirements.
MS AGL Qualifications
- AGL learners are required to complete ALL requirements for above grade level courses as well as any state testing for on-grade level courses. Learners who take above grade level courses are required to take the on-grade level EOG per the Department of Education except for HS Physical Science and Algebra which is required to take the EOC. Learners enrolled in Accelerated Algebra/Geometry or Honors Algebra I will take the Algebra I EOC. Ninth grade literature and composition learners will need to take BOTH the 8th grade EOC AND the 9th grade literature and composition EOC per the Department of Education.
- AGL learners must maintain a B or higher in their on-grade level courses and complete all assignments and assessments required. Failure to be compliant in all courses for an AGL learner could result in removal from the AGL program.
- Attend Live CC sessions for above grade level courses or watch the recordings when not able to attend live. Attendance completion or recording attendance survey is mandatory. Because some of the courses are taught in the high school, schedule conflicts may arise. In such a case, recordings are always available.
- Learners who fail to meet and maintain the AGL requirements will be removed from the AGL program at the end of the first semester and placed in the on-grade level course. The learner will then be required to complete the second semester of the on-grade level course(s).
- This is a year-long commitment. Learners will not be permitted to drop this course once enrolled after the first two weeks of school. 6. 8 th grade learners taking high school courses will have the opportunity to either accept or deny the Carnegie Credit for those courses. If a learner wishes to deny the credit, he/she must submit the Carnegie Credit Waiver by June 1st.
AGL Course Offerings
- Accelerated Math
- AGL Math grades 6th, 7th and 8th
- 9 th grade Literature and Composition (Carnegie Credit Course)
- HS Physical Science (Carnegie Credit Course)
- HS Spanish (Carnegie Credit Course)
- Accelerated Algebra/Geometry (Carnegie Credit Course)
- Honors Algebra I (Carnegie Credit Course)