A critical component for a student to be successful in a virtual educational setting is that they have proper adult supervision throughout the school day. A GCA teacher is not physically able to provide supervision in a virtual educational environment, therefore there must be a dedicated adult performing that supervisory role when a student is enrolled at GCA. That adult must:
- provide consistent academic oversight
- monitor the student’s academic performance daily
- ensure that the student attends all required classes
- hold the student accountable for completing assignments and tests on time
- maintain consistent communication with GCA staff and administrators
- maintain updated contact information with the school.
Whether a student is in kindergarten or high school, they still need consistent oversight and direction to be academically successful. We find that students without this consistent adult oversight struggle to grow academically and often fall further and further behind in their academic skills and knowledge.