The purpose of the Georgia Cyber Academy (GCA) Parent Advisory Council is for parents to be able to provide input on policies, projects, and materials that impact students and their families. Advisory Council members are particularly focused on how to increase parent and family engagement to ensure student academic success. Members serve as advisors and meet with District Administration, School Principals, and the Family Engagement Coordinators several times throughout the school year.
The goal of the GCA Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is to ensure effective involvement of parents and to form a partnership with GCA, parents, and the community with a focus on improving student academic achievement.
*The GCA PAC is an advisory body. Final decision-making authority rests with the school directors. Duties and Responsibilities of the GCA PAC do NOT include: personnel issues (including hiring or evaluation of individual staff members), individual student issues, or any issue dealing with a specific student, staff member, or parent.
The Parent Advisory Council will be comprised of 27 GCA parents and will include:
- GCA Parent-Teacher-Student Organization (PTSO) Board Members
- Parents of students in grades K-2
- Parents of students in grades 3-5
- Parents of students in grades 6-8
- Parents of students in grades 9-10
- Parents of students in grades 11-12
- Parents of students receiving Special Education (SE) services
- Parents of students receiving Advanced Learner Program (ALP) services
- Parents of English Learner (EL) students
- Must have been a GCA parent for a total of at least 1 year by June 2018
- Must complete the Application by June 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Must be willing and able to participate in GCA Parent Advisory Council Meetings.
The GCA Parent Advisory Council will meet six times each year (July, September, November, January, March, and May)
Four of the six meetings can be held virtually. At least two meetings will be held face to face at the GCA Office, 1745 Phoenix Blvd., Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia.
Parents who would like to apply for the 2019-2020 Parent Advisory Council will indicate their interest on the Annual Title I Parent Survey at the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have questions relating to the GCA Parent Advisory Council, please contact GCA Family Engagement:
Elementary School: Kristy Howard, email@example.com
Middle School: Veronica Okpani, firstname.lastname@example.org
High School: Veronica Okpani, email@example.com