While our online learning environment affords students the opportunity to attend class anywhere, it is our expectation that all students conduct themselves in a respectful manner during live sessions, as you would in a face to face classroom. The following guidelines outline our behavioral expectations in the virtual classroom environment:
- Make sure to present yourself in an appropriate manner on camera, in accordance with the GCA Student Dress Code.
- Make sure you are in a setting conducive to learning such a home office, kitchen table or personal desk. Student should not attend live sessions from their beds.
- Please be sure to eliminate outside distractions, such as televisions and radios.
- If you have a cellphone, make sure it is on silent during the class session.
- Refrain from using inappropriate/ offensive language in the chat or on the microphone.
GCA faculty reserve the right to remove any student from live class sessions due to inappropriate or distracting behavior.
The administration, faculty and staff of Georgia Cyber Academy are committed to providing our students with a safe, respectful learning environment, free from distractions. This includes both our virtual learning environment and in-person, school-sponsored events.
When participating in live class sessions or attending in-person events, students are expected to dress in a manner that is supportive of learning. Clothing and accessories which interfere with, distract from or further impede student learning are not allowed. Prohibited articles of clothing and accessories include but are not limited to the following:
- Any articles that may reasonably be considered a safety hazard or potential weapon.
- Obviously oversized or baggy items. Pants must be worn at the waist. Sagging pants are not allowed.
- Garments that expose the midriff or cleavage, see-through or mesh clothing, halter or tank tops, pajamas, sleep or loungewear. More specifically, shirts, blouses and dresses must cover the abdomen, cleavage, back and shoulders. Shirts/ tops must also cover the waistband of pants, shorts or skirts, with no midriff or cleavage visible while standing or while bending over.
- Hats, caps and other head apparel should not be worn except for religious or medical purposes.
- Clothing and accessories may not display any of the following:
- Racial or Ethnic slurs
- Hate Speech
- Gang Affiliation
- Vulgar, sexually explicit or suggestive language/ images
- Products such as alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs
Georgia Cyber Academy administration, faculty or staff members reserve the right to determine what constitutes appropriate or inappropriate dress for the school setting. In matters of opinion, the judgement of school administration shall prevail.
Questions regarding the dress code should be addressed in writing to Angela Lassetter, GCA Head of School, at email@example.com