Welcome to Georgia Cyber Academy, Champion! Thank you for making us your choice in virtual education. The first day of school is August 5, 2019 and we are looking forward to working with you during the 2019-2020 school year. Please review the information below:
G-Suite for Education: All staff and students will be using G-Suite for Education. You can expect to receive login credentials prior to August 5th.
Canvas Learning Management System (LMS): All student courses, content, and classes will be accessible through the Canvas LMS. You can expect to receive login credentials prior to August 5th.
Learning how to navigate the LMS may seem a bit challenging at the start of a student's online educational journey. This video will provide basic information about navigating in the Canvas LMS: The Student Experience (Video length: approximately 20 minutes)
Class Engagement Policy: Live class attendance and engagement is important for student academic achievement. Georgia Cyber Academy provides students the opportunity for a more flexible and individualized educational environment. Unlike traditional schools, where all students are a captive audience with prescriptive start and stop times Monday through Friday in alignment with a given school calendar, virtual students may perform their work at a time that better suits their individualized schedules and personal needs. The amount of flexibility that a student has in charting their own educational path is in part dependent upon their individual performance. Review the Class Engagement Policy [PDF] for detailed information.
Enrollment: As a reminder, re-registration was processed through Infinite Campus. The K12 Online School will not reflect your current enrollment with Georgia Cyber Academy. Logging into the K12 Online School with either your Learning Coach or Student credentials will not reflect accurate information including course content, class connect schedules, and teacher contact information. All school related content and activities will be accessed through your NEW Canvas Online School account(s) for the 2019-2020 school year.
Materials: The majority of courses and course materials will be 100% online. Because of this, you will not receive shipments of physical course materials as you have in the past. If you do not have a functional computer for your student to access school, please notify your Family Success Liaison as soon as possible so she can provide information on what options are available to you.
Support: We understand that entering a new schooling environment can be challenging. Because of this, we have added extra support services to help make a smooth transition.
- Learning Coach Live Help: This is an open office support session that the Family Engagement Team provides for back to school questions and concerns. Learning Coach Live Help is a great resource for families to talk with school leaders and get their academic questions answered. Please attend to get answers to any of your general questions or concerns.
Learning Coach Live Help will be offered Monday-Friday from 2:00-3:00 PM beginning July 29th. Links and more information will be provided by July 28th.
- Parent Technology Tuesday: Technology Tuesday is a session for Parents to receive help on technology platforms used here at GCA. In the first several sessions you will have the opportunity to learn about our new Online School - Canvas and our new Online Classroom - Jigsaw. We are excited to share these amazing interactive platforms so that Learning Coaches, Parents, and Students are all ready for the first day of school. In future sessions we will also be covering: Google and G Suite; Internet Safety and Copyright Piracy; and Milestones Platform Navigation. Links and more information will be posted soon.
- Open Office: Your Family Success Liaison will host open office sessions each week on Monday mornings at 8:00 am. Please join her for important updates, information, and one on one support.
- Jigsaw Training: Your Family Success Liaison (FSL) will provide your family with an individual training for our new live class connect platform, Jigsaw Interactive. Please look for an email invite from your FSL regarding this training.
- School Orientations: Each school will host grade and content-level specific orientations during the first week of school. Schedules will be posted to the website. Links to the sessions will be available through your Canvas Online School account. Please see links below: